With Funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Altarum's Center for Sustainable Health Spending is pleased to present its seventh annual symposium: Beyond the ACA: Health Policy and Sustainable Health Spending.
Overview: The Affordable Care Act and the basic structure of the 52-year old Medicaid program remain front and center in today’s policy and political discussions. But what comes next? How will the gargantuan health sector be affected across multiple dimensions, including long-term care, prices, jobs, coverage, quality, and equity? And what is the outlook for health care cost control and sustainability in the medium- and long-term?
We have a distinguished panel of presenters who will speak to these key questions and more at a critical time just months into a new administration and with congressional leadership focused on replacing the ACA. Join us as we examine health policy choices, discuss health care and fiscal pressures, and peer into future health spending and related trends.
This year, we are offering a special opportunity for the first 150 in-person registrants—at the symposium, each will receive a copy of An American Sickness: How Healthcare became Big Business and How You Can Take it Back by panelist Elisabeth Rosenthal.
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, Kaiser Health News
- Joanne Kenen, POLITICO
- Drew Altman, Kaiser Family Foundation
- James Capretta, American Enterprise Institute
- Gail Wilensky, Project Hope
- Jeanne Lambrew, Century Foundation
- John Ayanian, University of Michigan
- Ceci Connolly, Alliance of Community Health Plans
- Jessica Banthin, Congressional Budget Office
- Sheila Burke, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Anne Montgomery, Altarum Center for Elder Care & Advanced Illness
- John Cutler, National Academy of Social Insurance & Chair-elect, AcademyHealth LTSS Interest Group
- Rodney Whitlock, Mintz Levin Strategies
- Hemi Tewarson, National Governors Association
- Darrell Gaskin, Johns Hopkins University
- Chapin White, RAND Corporation
- Rena Conti, University of Chicago
- Charles Roehrig, Altarum Center for Sustainable Health Spending
View the complete program agenda and register to attend in-person or webcast: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/altarumbeyondaca/newdimensions/