How can we work together to ensure economic security and dignity for all older adults?
You are invited to explore this question with Justice in Aging and a distinguished line-up of speakers on November 15, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Justice in Aging forum, Dignity for All: Ensuring Economic Security as America Ages will take place in Washington DC at the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation’s Barbara Jordan Conference Center and will feature researchers, service providers, and advocates exploring the issue of economic security for older Americans and their families. The free forum will focus on the growing numbers of seniors living in poverty, efforts local providers are undertaking to serve these seniors, and policies we can advance to improve their lives.
There will be three panels: Understanding Low-Income Older Adults through Research and Data, Providing Critical Services for Low-Income Seniors, and Advocating to Improve Seniors’ Health and Economic Security.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include:
- Emily Allen, AARP Foundation
- Jennifer Goldberg, Justice in Aging
- Tracey Gronniger, Justice in Aging
- Corinne Jan, Family Bridges
- Tricia Neuman, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Kevin Prindiville, Justice in Aging
- Bill Rivera, AARP Foundation
- Peter Travitsky, New York Legal Assistance Group
- Rebecca Vallas, Center for American Progress
- Steve Wallace, UCLA
- Imani Woody, Mary’s House for Older Adults