Altarum Institute works to create, guide, and enhance prevention, treatment, and care solutions for national, regional, and local systems that impact communities affected by HIV/AIDS and other sexual health areas. Recognizing the ongoing need for public health programs and leadership that address prevention, testing, primary medical care, and treatment, Altarum has worked with many federal agencies and national organizations to strategically plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs that serve people at risk for and living with HIV/AIDS and other sexual health areas. Our work is based on a systems approach whereby effective programs deliver prevention, care, treatment, and hope; public and private agencies make the best use of scarce resources to reach those most in need; and address cultural, social, and economic barriers. Learn more.
Center for HIV and Sexual Health
Altarum Institute creates systems-based solutions that support the sexual health and wellbeing of all people throughout their lifetime. Our team strategically plans, develops, implements, and evaluates HIV, sexually transmitted infection, viral hepatitis, and family planning programs that address sexual health and serve diverse age groups and communities.
Altarum is creating new stories about sexual health and HIV/AIDS, stories based in a systems approach where effective programs reach people with messages of respect, responsibility, prevention, and treatment. In these stories, communities and governments make the best use of scarce resources to reach diverse people with effective messages and services, and programs that overcome cultural, social, and economic barriers.
Altarum resources on sexual health:
- HIV/AIDS and Sexual Health at Altarum Institute (PDF file)
- Sounding the Alarm on a Silent Epidemic: Federal HIV/STD Advisory Group Adopts Viral Hepatitis as Priority
- An AIDS-Free Generation: Hope from the XIX International AIDS Conference
Sexual health resources:
- Sexual Health Fact Sheet
- Public Health Reports: Understanding Sexual Health
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy
- Office of Population Affairs’ National Training Center for Coordination and Strategic Initiatives
- Combatting the Silent Epidemic of Viral Hepatitis: Action Plan for the Prevention, Care and Treatment of Viral Hepatitis
- 1 of 3