In August 2014, the OPA funded four competitive cooperative agreements to create the ACA Collaborative. The three primary grantees are Altarum, Guttmacher Institute, and the National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association.
The group will be studying the impact of health system changes as a result of the ACA on Title X centers. The ACA Collaborative will study whether and, if so, why service sites continue to see a disproportionate number of uninsured clients and assess the long-term factors affecting the sustainability of Title X centers. These include costs, billing, reimbursements, network inclusion, and confidentiality.
- More than Just Policy: Health Insurance Barriers to Implementing Confidential Communications. January 2017. Poster presented at the Academy Health National Health Policy Conference, Washington, DC.
- The Protection of Confidentiality: Policy Development Lessons from Several States. January 2017. Poster presented at the Academy Health National Health Policy Conference, Washington, DC.
- Opportunities and Barriers for Title X in the Post-Affordable Care Act Insurance Environment. November 2016. Poster presented at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Confidential Service and Billing Needs: Findings from Focus Groups with Family Planning Clients. July 2016. Poster presented at the National Reproductive Health Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Confidentiality: Opportunities and Barriers for Family Planning Fact Sheet
- Affordable Care Act & Title X Family Planning Services: How the Changing Healthcare Landscape Has Affected Service Use and Billing Practices