In collaboration with the Defense Manpower Data Center, Altarum Institute launched a data quality improvement initiative to progressively analyze Defense Health Agency data for inaccuracy and duplication to create a more accurate Standard Insurance Table (SIT).
Ensuring data quality is one of the many services that Altarum provides Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs).
Altarum manages data for the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System’s (DEERS) SIT, which contains payer and coverage data used in the United States and throughout the world.
Altarum’s data management support includes activities such as the following:
- Validate data in the centralized database,
- Develop, post, and disseminate standard operating procedures for Verification Point of Contact operations,
- Train MTF uniform business offices on operations and procedures related to the SIT,
- Distribute information about third party payer data collection instruments,
- Research methods of aggregating legacy data with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Health Plan Identifiers, and
- Provide statistical analysis and produce reports.