The Center for Elder Care and Advanced Illness works with other advocates to shape policy that moves the United States towards a comprehensive and reliable care system for frail elders.
We do this by working with members of Congress and their staff, as well as officials at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Administration for Community Living and other agencies to advance thoughtful policy solutions.
We also influence policy by commenting on Notices of Proposed Rulemaking and Requests for Information, and other opportunities for input.
See below for recent comment letters. For questions, please contact Elizabeth Blair.
- Reply to RFI on Concepts for Regional Multi-Payer Prospective Budgets (5.13.2016)
- Comment on the Draft Review Process for Physician-Focused Payment Models (5.12.16)
- House Letter of Support for the PACE Innovation Act (P.L. 114-85) (2.25.16)
- Comments on the RFI Regarding Implementation of Merit-Based Incentive Payment System, Promotion of Alternative Payment Models and Incentive Payments for Participation in Eligible Payment Models (11.17.15)
- Comments on Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities (10.12.15)
- Comments on 2016 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (9.8.2015)
- Comments on the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Payment Model (9.4.15)
- Family Caregiver Platform Project submission to National Academy of Medicine Committee on Family Caregiving for Older Adults (8.13.2015)
- Comment on Proposed PACE Quality Metrics (8.12.15)
- Care Corps Act Support Letter (7.8.2015)
- Using Culture Change to Further and Sustainably Reduce the Overutilization of Antipsychotics among Long-Stay Residents in Nursing Homes with Dementia: A Proposal for a National Demonstration (7.2015)
- Recommendations to Senate Finance Committee Chronic Care Working Group (6.22.15)
- Input Letter to the White House Conference on Aging (6.12.15)
- Statement on an Alternative Shared Savings Model: The MediCaring Community Program (submitted to MedPAC) (5.21.15)
- Comment To the Physician-Focused Payment Model Technical Advisory Committee on the Draft Review Process for Physician-Focused Payment Models (5.12.15)
- Letter Requesting Meeting on the Culture Change Demonstration Provision of the ACA (5.5.15)
- Statement on an Alternative Shared Savings Model: The MediCaring Community Plan (submitted to MACPAC) (5.4.15)
- Statement to National Academy of Medicine Committee on Family Caregiving for Older Adults (1.19.15)