This project aims to shed light on the impact of a changing health care landscape on the people, providers, and economy in Detroit. The first two briefs, produced by our research partners at The Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation (CHRT), examine the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) on health insurance coverage and the health care safety net in Detroit.
The next four briefs, produced by our research partner Allan Baumgarten, explore provider payment trends, the financial impact of Medicaid expansion, changes in payer mix, and capital investment by Detroit-area providers, A forthcoming brief will analyze detailed State of Michigan Medicaid data to provide additional insights into the Healthy Michigan Plan.
Learn more in these research briefs:
- Effects of the Affordable Care Act on Health Insurance Coverage in Southeast Michigan
- Effects of the Affordable Care Act on the Health Care Safety Net in Detroit
- Provider Payment Trends and Strategies in the Detroit Area – new!
- Financial Impact of Medicaid Expansion for Health Plans – new!
- Changes in Payer Mix and Net Income for Detroit-Area Hospitals – new!
- Capital Investment by Detroit-Area Providers – new!
For more information, please click here.
For more information on CHRT, please contact:
Heather Guenther, Communications Manager
Center for Healthcare Research & Transformation
University of Michigan Health System
2929 Plymouth Road, Suite 245 Ann Arbor, MI 48105-3206
O: 734.998.8514 (direct) C: 734.771.3272
4800 West 27th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Call (952) 925-9121 or fax (952) 925-9341
Or click on Contact Us