Altarum's Digital Communications Support team provides program management and technical support to the Office of the National Coordinator's (ONC) Federal Advisory Committees (FACAs). This support covers all activities for the two committees (Policy and Standards) and all relevant sub-committees and workgroups, and also assists the ONC FACA Project Officer with organizing and convening these critical activities. These activities include:
- Meeting planning and coordination support for each of the two monthly, FACA Committee meetings, including Web simulcast.
- Webmeeting planning and support for all monthly workgroup and subcommittee virtual meetings (10-30 per month).
- Coordination of all meeting materials and post-meeting deliverables to ensure timely, post-meeting availability on ONC’s website.
- Written summary of all committee, workgroup, and subcommittee meeting proceedings, in order to capture and track all group activities and progress.
- Maintenance and support of a Web-based portal to manage the critical functions and tasks of the project.
Altarum Institute has been providing this logistical, technical, and content support to ONC since 2005, under prior contract vehicles. During this time, we have been able to implement numerous strategies, processes, and workflows in order to meet the very time-sensitive nature of all work associated with these Federal Advisory Committees.
Find out more about the activities of ONC's HIT FACAs at HealthIT.gov.