September is National Recovery Month!
During Recovery Month, people across the nation join together and participate in events such as walks, runs, rallies, picnics, and cookouts in nearly every state and the District of Columbia to honor and recognize the nearly 30 million Americans who are actively changing their lives that have been compromised by addiction and mental illness.
Recovery Month celebrates these brave individuals and families who have found the courage, strength and commitment to embark on their own unique recovery journey while reshaping their lives with their stories of challenge and triumph.
We here at Altarum Institute’s Behavioral Health Technical Assistance Center will be embracing the celebration of recovery too. We are planning events with our staff, opportunities for education and awareness for our communities, and encouragement for individuals and families to stand up and out by sharing their stories of hope.
We want everyone to join the Recovery Month celebration! Help us in your own way to promote and honor recovery. Check back often for information on activities and facts!
RECOVERY MONTH STORIES – SADÉ ALI
RECOVERY MONTH STORIES – TOM HILL
RECOVERY STORIES – DEIRDRE DAVIS
- 9th Annual National Rx Drug Take-back Day is Saturday, September 27th
- Addiction Survivors / Recovery Brochure
- DEA Website for Parents: Get Smart About Drugs
- Easy Does It
- Faces and Voices of Recovery
- Fav Orgs
- For Recovery
- Recovery Month 2013 Bumper Sticker Video
Blogs / More Information:
- Gambling With Your Health - Literally
- How Substance Use Disorders Fit Into the Picture
- Integrating Behavioral Health and Primary Care
- Parity for Mental Health Benefits
- PTSD: Knowing is Half the Battle
- Social Healing Words, Part I
- Taking the Mask Off
- Why is a Focus on Recovery Important for Addictions