Altarum’s subsidiary, KAI Research, Inc. performs all aspects of clinical data management support for clinical studies.
KAI’s database and Web designers develop innovative yet practical tools for the clinical research and scientific communities. In addition, we have developed applications for science administrators that allow them to categorize their scientific grant/contract portfolios and identify risks associated with these efforts.
KAI’s comprehensive clinical data management and IT services include:
- Clinical data management consulting,
- Case report form (CRF) or electronic case report form (eCRF) design,
- Database development and deployment,
- Data entry and tracking,
- Customized clinical data management programming,
- Knowledge and use of current data standards (SDTM, CDASH, and CDISC),
- Interim analysis readiness,
- External data integration,
- Medical coding (the Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities and the National Cancer Institute’s Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events),
- Reconciliation of clinical and safety databases,
- Customized reporting and data listings by using business objects, SQL reports, and SAS,
- Database closeout and delivery, and
- Certified Oracle and Microsoft SQL database administrators on staff.