We work with our partners to understand how key stakeholders experience the services and care they receive and provide. We use these learnings to inform the development of attainable, sustainable solutions. Our delivery system transformation (DST) experts offer a wide range of services to support our client’s program needs at all stages of program implementation, from data gathering to informing program development to communicating impact. Altarum's DST service offerings include:
- Practice Transformation—Leveraging the limited time of providers and their office staff to improve the delivery of care in partnership with providers through quality improvement programs
- Person-Centered Design—Supporting long-term care providers in person-centered culture change through Altarum’s person-centered methodology expertise
- Evaluation Services—Completing comprehensive and informed program and policy evaluation
- Stakeholder Engagement—Engaging key stakeholders in state policy strategic planning and operationalization geared towards solutions and action
- Policy Analysis—Understanding and informing policy and public discussion around the quality and value provided by Medicaid and home and community-based service (HCBS) programs
- Workforce Solutions—Providing long-term and sustainable solutions to state-based and organizational direct service workforce challenges
- Navigation of Regulatory Requirements—Helping providers navigate state and federal reporting regulatory reporting requirements
- Technical Assistance and Learning Action Networks—Meaningfully engaging learners in action-oriented learning collaboratives, targeted technical assistance, and training events
- Communities of Practice—Developing and implementing communities of practice (COP) for providers, grantees, and other key stakeholders
Direct Care Careers Center, A Multi-Purpose State Workforce Management Tool
An online platform enabling states to better understand, manage, and support their direct service workers and providers.
Supporting Public Health Emergency (PHE) Unwinding
Altarum provides proactive operational planning support to help states prepare for changes in Medicaid operations as the PHE ends.
Providing Solutions to Address Grief, Bereavement, and Isolation in Long-Term Care Settings
Learn how our online learning action network (LAN) helps residents and staff in Michigan nursing homes build resiliency while better responding to loneliness and grief.
Evaluating the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
Our rigorous evaluation of PACE’s Covid-19 response provides an opportunity to improve long-term services and supports and document demonstrable benefits of the PACE model of care.
Krissy Azeem - MPH, PMP
Senior Director, Delivery System TransformationAreas of Expertise
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Long-Term Services and Supports
A leader in innovating the care delivery system with health plan, state, and federal partners, Krissy is proficient in health policy implementation and analysis, with a focus on home and community-based waivers and long-term services and supports. She has an eye for identifying the unintended consequences of proposed policies and creating innovative, and realistic, recommendations for state partners. Krissy has deep experience in providing technical assistance, designing and implementing action-oriented and outcomes-based learning systems, and catalyzing behavior change through thoughtful and strategic training. Passionate about improving the care delivery system, she has supported states and communities in enhancing the infrastructure, training, and experiences for direct service workers, including those who self-direct. Krissy holds a Master of Public Health degree from The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Sciences.