Work With Us
Altarum is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit advisory services and research organization. Our strong values, principles, ethics and integrity guide all that we do. Altarum maintains compliant integrated environments that provide the ability to rapidly respond to changing business needs. We offer the following contract vehicles:
Federal Contract Vehicles
- Federal Supply Service Authorized Federal Supply Schedule Price List Professional Services Schedule (PSS) Industrial Classes: 874-1 and 874-7
Contract Number: 47QRAA18D001D
Effective Dates: November 11, 2017 to November 10, 2022
Learn more about Altarum’s GSA schedule service descriptions and price lists here.
Online access to contract ordering information, terms and conditions, up-to-date pricing, and the option to create an electronic delivery order are available through GSA Advantage!™, a menu driven database system.
Contract Number: HHSS283201700003I
Effective Dates: February 21, 2017 to February 20, 2022
- Pilot and Evaluation Projects
- Statistical Projects
- Program Related Projects
- Policy Formation and Analysis
- Program Marketing and Projects
- Communication Projects
- Analytical Projects
- Technical Assistance and Training Projects
- SAMHSA Data Strategy Projects
- Web and Extranet Site Projects
Contract Number: VA119-17-D-0034
Effective Dates: 9/08/17 - 9/07/22
This IDIQ is to conduct multiple nationwide surveys. One of the surveys will examine the effect of violence across the lifespan and the association with health and functioning. Others will evaluate existing NCPTSD products like the PTSD Decision Aid or VetChange and the impact these online programs have on the user. Others will look to support evidence-based practices by evaluating educational products in order to continually improve their quality and effectiveness. This IDIQ is to secure (a) the ability to conduct large-scale surveys on participant samples provided by the NCPTSD, (b) access to existing panels of nationally-representative random samples of the general public (Veterans and non-Veterans) and samples of health providers, (c) survey and statistical knowledge to create and evaluate surveys, and (d) access to the most up-to-date survey strategies.
Contract Number: N0018917DZ052
Effective Dates: 9/01/2017 - 8/31/2022
- Industrial reengineering of operational processes
- Education of economic factors in healthcare system design
- Identifying questions Navy Medicine analysts can be directed/encouraged/enabled to investigate that can lead to system improvements.
- Aligning analytic efforts with Navy Medicine strategic goals
- Central Data Systems Consulting and Extraction Services
- Funding Adjustment Models
- Program Analysis, Cost Analysis, & Value Analysis
- GIS Analysis and Geomapping Support
- Education and Training
Contract Number: 75R60219D00005
Effective Dates: 9/27/2019 - 9/26/2024
- Evaluation studies and evaluation-related services
- Policy studies
- Development, implementation, and analysis of quality improvement projects
- Assessing evaluation capacity and the development and implementation of performance measurement tools and data systems to monitor program performance.
Contract Number: 75R60219D00039
Effective Dates: 9/15/2019 – 9/14/2024
Contract Number: 75FCMC19D0006
Effective Dates: 2/01/2019 - 1/31/2024
This is a multiple award Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract under which individual task orders will be awarded to procure expert healthcare quality improvement services for the “Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractors (NQIIC).” NQIICs are defined as a set of quality improvement contractors that have the capability to achieve large scale improvement results using effective and innovative quality improvement strategies that are data driven, transparent, and empower patients, families and clinicians to make decisions about their healthcare. This program will allow for the full spectrum of quality improvement (QI) work that is in operation under current various QI contracts and task orders. This work may include statutorily required work, such as Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs) and End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network work as well as hospital focused large scale quality improvement work, clinician-focused technical assistance work, and other quality improvement work.
Contract Number: HHSP233201500031I
Effective Dates: 2015-2025
Evaluation Design Studies and Data Collection
State Contract Vehicles
Available to: Multiple state agencies across Kansas
This agreement is designed to provide functional and technical subject matter expertise to augment state personnel across multiple Kansas state agencies.
Altarum has been selected to provide services in the following categories:
- Strategic – Strategic planning, business processes, data analysis & evaluation, innovation, sustainability, and governance
- Project Management & Administration – Program development, project organization, policies, administration, planning, disaster relief, and oversight
- Organization and Change Management – Organizational structure, operating model, leadership & culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion, human resources, change management
- Technology – IT architecture, data and software engineering, human-centered design, cyber security, systems processes, and technology standards
- Evolving Needs – New or emerging topic areas to support agencies (e.g., climate sustainability, hybrid, and remote work
Available to: Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department for Medicaid Services with the Commonwealth of Kentucky
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services, Department for Medicaid Services has a need for a wide range of consulting services on the Medicaid program, policy, and directions including how best to optimize both CMS and DMS resources including: Policy impact analysis, program evaluation, project management and organizational services, analysis of data vulnerability in areas such as program eligibility, enrollment, utilization, and review procedures, market and financial analysis, feasibility evaluations, and economical impact assessments, procurement assistance, providing federal CFR guidance and analyzing contract language and monitoring practices for compliance, prepare and/or participate in professional communication to stakeholders
Under this agreement, Altarum can provide a range of consulting services on Kentucky’s Medicaid program, policy, and strategy. Work may include policy impact analysis, program evaluation, project management and organizational services, analysis of data vulnerability, market and financial analysis, procurement assistance, compliance-related projects, and communications.
Available to: The Center for Family and Community Health, Office of Statistics and Evaluation with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Altarum has been selected to provide technical assistance and expertise to generate the statistics needed to complete the requirements for grant applications, to inform the legislature and the public of the emerging and existing public health concerns, to tailor new intervention and prevention programs as well as evaluate the currently existing programs, and to generate knowledge to further improve the public’s health.
- Survey research
- Linkage of large datasets
- Complex statistical analyses of health data
- Program evaluation, including design, analysis, and report preparation
- Forecasting analytic techniques
- Complex survey sample designs
- Qualitative analysis and Mixed Methods analysis
- Preparing and analyzing large insurance claims data for treatment pattern utilization, comparative and cost-effectiveness studies
- Preparing and using electronic medical record data for quality improvement work, treatment utilization, comparative-effectiveness
Available to: Bureaus, programs, and hospitals within the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Altarum has been selected to provide expert professional consultation, evaluation and coordination of services to address specialized health care and health safety related issues across multiple disciplines within the Massachusetts Department of Public Health including communicable disease control such as tuberculosis control and sexually transmitted disease control family health and nutrition for pregnant women, newborns, and young children; behavioral health; children with special health care needs and their families; health care safety and quality for the investigation and evaluation of current medical practice and health related topics to improve the health and well being of the people of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; the childhood lead poisoning prevention program; and others.
- Consultative services
- Project coordination
- Capacity-building activities/projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of health care operations
- Provision of training and education services as a component to enhance a specific project
- Quality improvement activities
- Linkages and collaborations with a range of community partners and providers
- Tracking outcomes and provider evaluation
Available to: all state entities, institutions under the jurisdiction of the State Board of Higher Education, other government entities in North Dakota
The State of North Dakota, acting through Office of Management and Budget has a need for ad-hoc specialized consulting services and subject matter experts for the North Dakota Health Information Network (NDHIN) as well as specialized consulting services and subject matter experts in the areas of public health information systems, health information systems, and health data exchange to support the State’s Data Modernization Initiative.
Altarum has been selected to provide the following services:
- Subject matter expertise in Health Information Technology and Health Information Exchange
- Subject matter expertise in specific healthcare provider markets
- Subject matter expertise in public health
- Define operational and technology requirements
- Evaluate and identify technology solutions
- Build and maintain interoperability
- Manage implementations
- Assist in any procurement strategies and RFP development
- Assist with preparation of funding requests (such as grants and Implementation Planning Documents)
- Assist with CMS certification of public health information systems
- Educating stakeholders on the NDHIN and it service offering
- Assisting prospective stakeholders with the contracting process and assist with on-boarding
- Coordinating with stakeholder’s usage of the system to meet meaningful use
- Conducting technical assessments
- Integrating the NDHIN services into their daily workflows
- Assisting stakeholders connecting to the NDHIN
- Conducting in-depth environmental scan of EHR’s and information systems utilized by stakeholders
Available to: Oregon Health Authority’s (OHA’s) Public Health Division
OHA’s Public Health Division provides statewide coordination and leadership to local grantees and contractors working in the fields of health promotion and chronic disease prevention. OHA typically fields a combination of department, local, regional, and statewide surveys, and other data collection projects over the course of each calendar year. This agreement is necessary because the OHA has the expertise but lacks the staff capacity to accomplish the work that would be completed by the survey and data collection contractors.
Under this agreement, Altarum can provide survey and data collection services to support OHA’s Public Health Division programs and programs under the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section.
Available to: Health Policy and Analytics Division of OHA
OHA is in need of evaluators to conduct evaluations of defined bodies of work undertaken by the Health Policy and Analytics Division, including but not limited to leading one or more components of Oregon’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver Demonstration for demonstration years 2022-2027. For the Medicaid Waiver Demonstration evaluations, contractor(s) will be responsible for advising and collaborating on the implementation of OHA’s evaluation plan. This will include partnering with OHA, Coordinated Care Organizations (CCOs), federal agencies and partners, and other state and local health and human service agencies. In most cases, evaluators will also be expected to partner with specific communities, OHP members, OHP-serving organizations, and other community-based organizations.
Altarum has been selected to support evaluation projects undertaken by the Health Policy and Analytics Division of OHA, including but not limited to robust evaluations of Oregon’s 1115 demonstration initiatives for the 2022-2027 waiver period. These evaluations will inform OHA whether the new waiver interventions (policies and programs) reduce health inequities and improve health outcomes for OHP members. Additional services may include consultation or evaluation of other OHA programs where skills and expertise align with program needs, and meet the OHA’s objective of ensuring that health care in Oregon is transparent and support lower costs, increased equity and access, and better quality.
Available to: agencies and departments within Washington State
Altarum has been prequalified by the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services as an IT service provider.
This agreement enables Altarum to provide IT and IT related support services to agencies and departments within Washington State. Altarum provides health IT and public health interoperability services, technical assistance, training, and system development.
Our federal cognizant agency is the Department of Defense (DoD) under cage code 57949 and DUNS number 064184468. We have an approved accounting system, a government property system, and an estimating system under Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA). Under our cage code, we use the following North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and Product & Service Codes:
North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
Data Processing, Hosting, and Related Services
All Other Information Services
Other Computer Related Services
Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services
Process, Physical Distribution, and Logistics Consulting Services
Other Management Consulting Services
Other Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology)
Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Nanotechnology and Biotechnology)
Research and Development in the Social Sciences and Humanities
Marketing Research and Public Opinion Polling
All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Professional and Management Development Training
Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers
Custom Computer Programming Services
Computer Systems Design Services
All Other Miscellaneous Schools And Instruction
Product & Service Codes
R&D-Medical: Health Services (Basic Research)
R&D-Medical: Health Services (Applied Research/Exploratory Development)
R&D-Medical: Heath Services (Advanced Development)
R&D-Medical: Health Services (Engineering Development)
R&D-Medical: Health Services (Management/Support)
R&D-Medical: Health Services (Commercialized)
R&D-Medical: Mental Health (Basic Research)
R&D-Medical: Mental Health (Advanced Development)
For more information, please contact:
Contracts & Legal Operations
Phone: (734) 302-4600
Making a Difference in Small Business Partnerships & Subcontracting
Altarum believes in contributing to the communities in which we work and in helping others obtain a fair share of available economic opportunities. We make it a priority in our business areas to conduct socioeconomic subcontracting programs in recognition of compelling social and economic necessity in the areas of health care policy research and program evaluation. We facilitate the achievement of our negotiated subcontracting goals by developing the capabilities of and pursuing opportunities to award subcontracts and other procurements to Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), 8(a) Business Development, and HUBZone Empowerment programs, including minority-owned, women-owned (WOSB), Veteran-owned (SVOB), service-disabled Veteran-owned (SDVOSB), and other disadvantaged small businesses. We also promote Minority and Women-Owned Business Development on equality of economic opportunities for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs) and to eliminate barriers to their participation in state contracts.
Steps to become a supplier or for more information, please contact:
Phone: (734) 302-4600