WellbeingTREE is a free, online LAN dedicated to empowering those who live and work in nursing home communities in Michigan. Sessions will bring staff and residents together to learn from expert trainers and each other on how to best respond to grief and loneliness while building resiliency.
WellbeingTREE LAN sessions begin in May 2022 starting with six sessions on Bereavement and Grief followed by five sessions on Social Isolation and Loneliness. There will be new sessions happening every 6 weeks. Sessions are collaborative in nature, allowing participants a space to connect through discussion and share what they have learned.
Continuing education and training: Continuing Education (CE) credits will be offered to the following provider types who participate in WellbeingTREE live webinar sessions: Allopathic (MD) Physician; Osteopathic (DO) Physician; Nurse Practitioner (NP); Registered Nurse (RN); Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN); Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW); Licensed Bachelor’s Social Worker (LBSW). Also, participation in WellbeingTREE live webinar sessions meets the requirements for in-service training for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) in Michigan. A certificate of participation will be provided to CNA attendees following successful completion of each LAN session and questionnaire.
The number of CE hours available for the Wellbeing TREE LAN: 11 hours total (1 hour per session). Bereavement and Grief Sessions: 6 CE hours. Social Isolation and Loneliness Sessions: 5 CE hours
Who should participate? All staff from nursing homes in Michigan can benefit from attending: Administrators, Nurses, CNAs, Therapists, Social Workers, Activities, Dietary, and Housekeeping; as well as residents and their families.
What is required? Participation with WellbeingTREE is free. Attendees can participate in up to 11 LAN sessions over the course of 14 months beginning in May 2022. Each attendee is asked to complete a post-session questionnaire. Nursing homes are also asked to support resident survey activities.
Bereavement and Grief Session Topics:
- Staff and Residents can support each other during loss
- Staff self-care while they help Residents with grief
- Staff supporting Staff during times of loss
- Planning for end-of-life care, basics of the MI-POST
- Ideas for memorials and remembering those who passed
- Sharing your best practices in bereavement care
Social Isolation and Loneliness Session Topics:
- Effects of social isolation and loneliness on wellbeing
- Practices to improve social isolation and loneliness
- Building Resident input into activities and socialization
- Using tablets to promote Resident communication and joy
- Reflections on social isolation and loneliness