The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has selected Altarum as a Prime awardee of the Network of Quality Improvement and Innovation Contractors (NQIIC). This designation will allow NQIICs to bid on Task Orders over the next five years. As a Prime NQIIC awardee partnering with other Quality Improvement contractors under the new CMS Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract mechanism to support quality improvement efforts, each NQIIC may serve as:
- Quality Improvement Experts
- Facilitators/change agents for healthcare transformation by achieving bold aims at a high value
- Innovators of quality improvement
As a NQIIC awardee, Altarum has demonstrated healthcare quality improvement expertise. Services supported by some of the NQIIC awardees may include:
- Provide direct technical assistance in specific areas of healthcare quality improvement (e.g., patient safety, opioid misuse, nursing home quality, etc.)
- Seek and gain commitments from patients, providers and stakeholders to achieve aims
- Use a Human Centered Design that involves teaming with patient and family members to improve healthcare processes and outcomes.
- Focused on helping providers and healthcare organizations to achieve quantitative results for improved outcomes, lower costs, better care, less provider burden, greater transparency and more.
- Supporting a diverse array of organizations and populations, including: rural providers, vulnerable beneficiaries, clinical practices, hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis facilities and more.
- Support providers in efficient use of Health Information Technology and interoperability
- Serve as backbone organizations to form and engage Community Coalitions
- Convene and support Learning and Action Networks (LANs)